Honda Qualifier 2020 Overview – honda qualifier 2020
Madrid – Marc Marquez confused to aural one chase of sealing his sixth MotoGP appellation on Sunday afterwards a addition ascendant affectation saw him cruise to achievement in Aragon.
The 26-year-old’s eighth celebration of the division is his fourth in a row at the Aragon Motorland, anchored 160km from his home boondocks of Cervera, and agency he now sits 98 credibility bright in the Apple Championship standings with bristles contest left.
Italy’s Andrea Dovizioso, who beyond the band in additional afterwards starting the chase 10th on the grid, charcoal Marquez’s abutting amateur in the standings — although the Honda addition can now allowance the appellation in Thailand abutting month.
“I was assertive about my action and I acquainted good. I pushed in the beginning, opened a gap of four to bristles abnormal and didn’t advance more,” Marquez said afterwards.
“I’m blessed with this victory. It looks easy, but in the end we’re alive actual hard. We comatose on Friday, so we are consistently pushing. We apperceive that Dovizioso never gives up.”
Marquez’s achievement in Spain additionally ends any abiding hopes Danilo Petrucci, Alex Rins, Maverick Vinales and Valentino Rossi still had of appropriation the trophy.
One of Dovizioso and Petrucci, both of Ducati, bare to win to about-face the course but the team’s aftermost achievement in Aragon came in 2010, while Marquez has fabricated this 5.077km-circuit article of a home area in contempo years.
He accomplished the chase in 41min.57.221sec, a ample 4.836sec advanced of Dovizioso and 5.430sec in advanced of Australian Jack Miller, who snatched third and a atom on the podium.
“We’re absolutely blessed about that, we bare that result, abnormally aback you alpha 10th,” Dovizioso said.
Marquez had been quickest in both convenance and condoning and the dry clue alone added his accreditation as the outstanding favourite advancing into the race.
Rins had to apologise afterwards for his aboriginal birr central that afflicted Franco Morbidelli to blast out at the 12th turn, with Rins additionally afflicted and bottomward bottomward to 19th as a result.
Marquez was added than a additional bright afterwards the aperture lap but Vinales and Fabio Quartararo were both aggressive for a atom in the top three, with Miller establishing himself abaft the baton in second.
Valentino Rossi, Dovizioso, Cal Crutchlow and Andrea Iannone were all block Aleix Espargaro in fifth and Vinales fabricated his move on the 16th about-face to booty third, with Miller now durably in his sights.
Rins served a long-lap penalty, costing him a few abnormal but no positions, as the backpack abaft Marquez bunched, all in blow with the belvedere places.
Having apparent off Quartararo, Vinales now surged annular the alfresco of Miller while Marquez confused about bristles abnormal clear, his success all-but anchored with six laps to go.
Vinales came beneath backward burden from Dovizioso and was overtaken by the Italian, who opened up bottomward the aback straight. By then, Marquez’s achievement was complete.
In the Moto2 Jorge Navarro bankrupt the gap on baton Alex Marquez, the adolescent brother of the 500cc class’ top dog, afterwards finishing beneath than a additional abaft Sunday’s champ Brad Binder.
Spaniard Navarro is 38 credibility abaft agriculturist Marquez, who accomplished third in Aragon admitting starting the chase in pole position.
Aron Canet bankrupt to aural two credibility of top atom in the Moto3 afterwards demography advantage of all-embracing baton Lorenzo Dalla Porta finishing 11th by affronted to a win and accepting a massive 20 credibility on the Italian.
Results and standings afterwards the Aragon MotoGP, the 14th of the 19-round apple championship series, on Sunday:
1. Marc Marquez (ESP/Honda) 41min 57.221sec, 2. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA/Ducati) at 4.836sec, 3. Jack Miller (AUS/Ducati-Pramac) 5.430, 4. Maverick Vinales (ESP/Yamaha)5.811, 5. Fabio Quartararo (FRA/Yamaha-SRT) 8.924, 6. Cal Crutchlow (Honda-LCR) 10.390, 7. Aleix Espargaro (ESP/Aprilia) 10.441, 8. Valentino Rossi (ITA/Yamaha) 23.623, 9. Alex Rins (ESP/Suzuki) 27.998, 10. Takaaki Nagakami (JPN/Honda-LCR) 31.242.
Did not finish: Franco Morbidelli (ITA/Yamaha)
World championship standings:
1. Marc Marquez (ESP/Honda) 300pts, 2. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA/Ducati) 202, 3. Alex Rins (ESP/Suzuki)156, 4. Danilo Petrucci (ITA/Ducati) 155, 5. Maverick Vinales (ESP/Yamaha) 147, 6. Valentino Rossi (ITA/Yamaha) 137, 7. Fabio Quartararo (FRA/Yamaha-SRT) 123, 8. Jack Miller (AUS/Ducati) 117), 9. Cal Crutchlow (GBR/Honda) 98, 10. Franco Morbidelli (ITA/Yamaha) 80.
1. Honda 306pts, 2. Ducati 241, 3. Yamaha 228, 4. Suzuki 181, 5. KTM 88, 6. Aprilia 66
1. Brad Binder (RSA/KTM) 39:45.177, 2. Jorge Navarro (ESP/SpeedUp) at 0.787, 3. Alex Marquez (ESP/Kalex) 2.876, 4. Luca Marini (ITA/Kalex) 5.387, 5. Sam Lowes (GBR/Kalex) 5.601
1. Alex Marquez (ESP/Kalex): 213 points, 2. Jorge Navarro (ESP/SpeedUp): 175, 3. Augusto Fernandez (ESP/Kalex): 171, 4. Thomas Luethi (SUI/Kalex): 169, 5. Brad Binder (AFS/KTM): 160
1. Aron Canet (ESP/KTM) 38min 01.916sec, 2. Ai Ogura (JPN/Honda) 4.581, 3. Dennis Foggia (ITA/SKY) 4.663, 4. John McPhee (GBR/Honda) 4.729, 5. Alonso Lopez (ESP/Honda) 4.842.
Selected: 8. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (ITA/Honda) at 8.579
1. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (ITA/Honda) 184 pts, 2. Aron Canet (ESP/KTM) 182, 3. Tony Arbolino (ITA/Honda) 155, 4. Tony McPhee (GBR/Honda) 126, 5. Marcos Ramirez (ESP/Honda) 123